Mi 6 is Xiaomi company 2017 new flagship phone, it was released on 2017/4/19 China Beijing time. According to the news, we may need to wait for long time to buy it, how about this phone?
Xiaomi Mi 6 Main Overview
- Mi 6 4G Smartphone
- 5.15 inch 1920 x 1080 pixels screen with 428 PPI, 94.4 percent color gamut
- Snapdragon 835 Octa Core 2.45GHz CPU and Adreno 540 653MHz GPU
- MIUI 8 OS based on Android 7.1
- 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM AND 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM Versions
- Front 8.0MP + Rear 12.0MP + 12.0MP with AF and flash light Cameras
- Sensors – Ambient Light Sensor, E-Compass, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope, Proximity Sensor, Hall Sensor, Accelerometer
- Built-in GPS, Glonass, Beidou, A-GPS
- Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
- Dual SIM dual standby, dual nano SIM cards
Xiaomi Mi6 Pros
- Strong Snapdragon 835 Octa Core 2.45GHz CPU and Adreno 540 653MHz GPU
- Eye-protect Screen ensure normally use in night without light.
- Dual rear 12MP camera (wide-angle + telephoto), 2X optical lossless zoom, 4-axis OIS stabilization
- Dual speaker with produces stereo effect
- Under-glass fingerprint sensor with very fast recognition speed
- Splash resistant
- 3D curved glass design, beautiful and is great for handling
- NO protruding camera
- Mi 6 can connect the WiFi and launch mobile hot spots at the same time
Xiaomi Mi6 Cons
- Remove 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Only come with a Type-c to 3.5 mm audio adapter, no headphone
- Not Reach IP68 Water-resistant Standard
- Only support 18W QC 3.0, Not The Faster QC 4.0
- Glass Means Brittle and Easy to Stained with Fingerprints
- Mi 6 is a little heavier and thicke
- 3350mAh battery can only typically last a full day
- Only 1080P, not 2K screen
Use Eye-protection Screen
In the case of no light at night, using mobile phone will bring our eyes great damage. Xiaomi can effectively reduce the brightness to 1 nit, so that our eyes can adapt to the surrounding dark environment to achieve the purpose of eyes protection. In addition, like iOS “Night Shift” function, Mi 6 can reduce the blue light to reduce the eyes excitement, make us easier to get into sleep at night. Compared with iOS “Night Shift”, Xiaomi Mi 6 does not make the screen look too yellow when reducing blue light.
Strong Snapdragon 835 + 6GB RAM + 64/128 GB ROM + Not Expensive Price
Xiaomi is the first one to use this performance monster — Snapdragon 835 Octa core chipset (how about this chipset?), equipped with 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM, ensure smoothly run almost all of the app and the vast majority of mobile games, Aututu test score is up to 18W. With 64GB or 6GB + 128GB ROM, do no worries that have to delete photos or videos to save space forever.
Meanwhile, its price is not too much more expensive than other cell phones with similar hard configuration and perfect software service. If not because of higher material prices, Xiaomi Mi 6 prices will be lower, maybe this is the Xiaomi strategy, the best configuration with the lowest price.
Dual Rear 12MP Camera + 2X Optical Lossless Zoom + 4-axis OIS stabilization
Dual rear 12MP camera
Equipped with dual rear 12MP camera, one is wide-angle lens, another is telephoto lens. Similar with Digital Single Lens Reflex, wide-angle lens viewing range is greater and telephoto lens can shoot farther scenes. Besides, Mi6 portrait mode can achieve photos with SLR-like background blur effect while foreground portrait is more clear and sharp (as below picture)
2X Optical Lossless Zoom
Xiaomi rear camera support 2 times optical zoom, what is the difference with digital zoom?
Optical zoom is like that we approach the object when we shoot it. While, digital zoom is to enlarge the image within the effective pixels. Under the same conditions, the photos by optical zoom is more clear than the digital zoom one.
4-axis OIS stabilization
If the object being photographed is moving, or we try to shoot in the process of we moving, photos are often blurred because of not focus, 4-axis anti-shake technology will automatically adjust the lens according to the object movement, to ensure the photos clear. It’s useful when we are walking outdoor or catch some excited moment.
NO Protruding Camera
Xiaomi Mi 6 use the same filming technical proposal as iPhone 7 plus, however Xiaomi Mi 6 camera lens is not protruding. I think there should be a lot of people like this design, of course including me. 🙂
Mi6 use dual speakers in order to improve the effect of using speaker to play audio. This improvement, Xiaomi may want to close to the sound quality effect like iPhone 7 plus and Huawei P10 plus, even though we rarely use it.
Connect WiFi and Share Portable Hotspot At the Same Time
For most Android phones or iPhone, we can only use our GPRS data to share the mobile hotspots to others. Imagine this, GPRS data is expensive in some countries such as China, and there are some WiFi environments (such as school) that can only support limited devices, Mi 6 can solve this problem.
Remove 3.5mm headphone jack
Like iPhone 7, Xiaomi Mi 6 also use the USB Type-C port to replace universal 3.5 mm headphone. Xiaomi Mi 6 come with a Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, or you can get a Type-C headphone (not included). Maybe Xiaomi company do not hope users to listen musics during charging, it’s not much safe. But there are still many users who like 3.5 mm headphone jack, maybe there will be the Type-c to audio and charge cable (like below picture) to solve this problem.
Glass Means More Brittle and Easy to Stained with Fingerprints
Xiaomi Mi6 have glass and ceramic 2 versions, so we have to confront both of these 2 materials all fragile. Til now already have many users met with problem of broken. Easily stained with fingerprints also makes Xiaomi Mi6 looks little awful.
Mi6 come with a transparent soft cover in order to protect Mi6, of course you can try other kinds. It’s easier to find many kinds in Amazon or other online stores. Of course, this will make the phone more thick and heavy. There were many times that I removed the iPhone 6 case, but it is too smooth, very easy to fall, so finally I had to wear a cell phone case until now.
Why not a 2K Screen?
Though 2K screen is better than 1080P. Firtly, but for most user, 1080P screen is enough for daily use. 2K screen will consumes much more electricity, while in order to reduce size and weight, Xiaomi Mi6 is only equipped with 3350mAh immovable battery. Before solving the battery problem, 1080P screen can be considered a compromise.
Xiaomi Mi 6 FAQs
Q: Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 6 online?
A: As I known, you can order on Gearbest [link], Souq, Geekbuying, Aliexpress
Q: Xiaomi Mi 6 Supports Fast Charging?
A: Yes, it support up to 18W QC 3.0 charging, full charge about 1.5 hours
Q: Xiaomi Mi 6 Supports 4G VoLTE?
A: Yes it works
Q: Where is SIM Card Slot?
A: On Left Side
Q: Does Xiaomi Mi 6 comes with LED Notification?
A: Yes it comes with LED Notification
Q:Does Mi 6 support HiFi?
Q: Does Mi 6 support headphone monitor?
Q: Is Mi 6 Capacitive screen?
Q: Is the Mi 6 fingerprint scanner also a button?
A: No. It’s just a 3D touch fingerprint scanner, can not press.
Q: The screen is LCD?
A: Yes. It’s 5.15 inch 1080p LCD screen.
Q: Can I charge Mi 6 via a 5V adapter?
A: Mi 6 support up to 18W charging (Watts=Volt x Current)
Q: When will the Mi 6 plus be released?
A: About June to July, 2017.
Q: Which is better compared with Huawei P10?
A: Simply discuss the hardware configuration and price, Xiaomi Mi6 is better than Huawei P10. However, Huawei P10 has its advantages, such as P10 is much easier to purchase than Mi 6.
Q: Does Mi 6 support expansion cards?
A: No. You can only choose 64GB edition or 128GB edition.
Q: Xiaomi Mi 6 is dual speaker?
Q: Does Mi 6 support OTG function?
A: Yes. What’s the OTG?
Q: What’s the Antutu score of Mi 6?
Q: What’s the rear and front camera detailed information of Mi 6?
A: Rear dual cameras – 12MP / 4-axis OIS stabilization / IMX386 + Samsung S5K3M3 (F/1.8 + F/2.6) ;Front camera – 8MP / Smart beauty feature
Q: Does Mi 6 support 4K video recording?
A: Yes. Xiaomi Mi6 support 4K 30fps and 1080p 30fps, 720p 30fps, 720p 120fps video recording.
Q: Does the Mi 6 support external SD card?
A: No, it does not support.
Q: Does the Mi 6 has a 3.5mm audio jack?
A. No. Using Type-C to 3.5 mm audio adapter (it comes with Mi 6)
Q: Does Mi 6 has a fingerprint scanner?
A: Yes. It’s located in the front and under the glass panel.
Q: Is the Mi 6 battery removable?
Q: What other sensors does the Mi 6 has ?
A: It equipped with a Ultrasonic Proximity sensors, Gyro-compass, Hall Sensors, Light Intensity Sensors, Acceleratormeter, Hygrometer.
Q: Does Mi 6 support 4G LTE and the frequency bands?
A: Yes. It support up to FDD-LTE
- FDD-LTE (B1，B3，B5，B7，B8)
- TD-LTE (B38，B39，B40，B41)
- TD-SCDMA ( B34，B39)
- WCDMA (B1，B2，B5，B8)
- GSM (B2，B3，B5，B8)
- CDMA1X/EVDO (BC0)
Q: Does Mi 6 has hybrid SIM-tray slot?
A: Yes. It is equipped with a dual NANO-SIM slot.
Q: Is the Mi 6 IP68 water-resistance?
A: No. It’s only water-splash proof.
Q: What’s the MIUI ROM Version?
A: MIUI 8 ROM based on Android 7.1.1
Xiaomi Mi6 Specifications
- NETWORK: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- LAUNCH: 2017, April (Has released)
- Weight: 168 g / Ceramic version 182 g
- Size: 145.17 mm x 70.49 mm x 7.45 mm (57.15 x 27.75 x 2.93 inch)
- SIM: Dual Nano-SIM
- Screen: IPS Eye-protection screen, 5.15 inches, 1nit~600nit,
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (428 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- UI: MIUI 8.0
- OS: Android OS – V7.1.1 Nougat
- Chipset: Snapdragon 835 Octa core (Official data about this chipset)
- GPU: Adreno540, 653MHz
- Memory: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM
- Main Camera: 12MP, 27mm f/1.8, 1.5μm
- Secondary-Camera: 12MP, 52mm f/2.6, 1μm
- Front Camera: 8 million pixel with intelligent beauty function and facial recognition function
- Flash: Dual color temperature flash
- Camera-Features: Geo-tagging, tough focus, face/smile detection, panorama, auto-HDR
- Video Capture: 4K 30 fps, 1080P 30fps, 720p 30fps, slow motion video 120fps (720p)
- Media: MP4, M4V, MKV, XVID, WAV, AAC, MP3, AMR, FLAC
- Video Format: H.265 /HEVC(Main profile)、H.264 (Baseline/Main/High profile)、 MPEG4 (Simple profile/ASP)、
VC-1(Simple/Main/Advanced profile) etc.
- Audio Format: PCM、AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ 、MP3、AMR – NB and WB、FLAC、WAV and more audio format, etc.
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Type-C Jack: Yes
- WLAN: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, Hostpost
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, Glonass, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: SNS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser: HTML 5
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3350 mAh battery. Fast charge 3.0, 18W charge.
- Color: Black, White, Golden, Shiny Silver ,Royal Blue
- Shell Material: Glass + stainless steel and ceramic special edition
What is Inside
- Smartphone *1
- Power adapter *1
- USB Type-C data cable*1
- Type-C to Audio cable *1
- Manual *1
- Pin *1
- Soft protective cover *1