Although most external optical drives support plug and play, we still have some simple preparations before using an external optical drive as below:
1. Please connect the external power supply for the laptop when using this DVD drive.
2. For a desktop computer, please try the USB interface on the back panel of the computer.
3. Make sure the cable ended up is fully plugged into the USB port.
4. Please try different USB port on the motherboard directly (especially the USB port with Thunder icon).
5. Do not use any USB hub, if you need, please use a self-powered USB hub.
6. For Windows system, please enable the “AutoPlay” function in the system.
- Steps for Windows 10/8: http://bit.ly/autoplay-win10
- Steps for Windows 7: http://bit.ly/autoplay-win7
7. Please make sure your computer has installed media player software. We recommend some media players for you, such as:
- VLC Player for Windows: https://www.5kplayer.com/5kplayer-download-windows.htm
- 5K Player for Windows: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- VLC Player for Mac: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
- 5K Player for Mac: https://www.5kplayer.com/5kplayer-download-mac.htm
- QuickTime Player for Mac: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl923?locale=en_US